When you booked your Telehealth appointment you would have received an email with a link to the Wound Specialist Services waiting room as well as a link to our ShareFile portal where you can upload the files required by our practitioner during your appointment.
File Upload Portal
Please ensure you upload the following files to the ShareFile Portal prior to your appointment:
– Photographs of the wound(s)
– Brief description of the problem and current treatment
– Health summary
– Medication summary
– Results of any recent investigations (where relevant)
Consult Waiting Room
A few minutes before your appointment click on the link to Wound Specialist Services Virtual Waiting Room (accessed from your email or click here https://woundservice.coviu.com/room/reception) and wait for your practitioner to enter the Telehealth appointment.
Your session will include:
– Telehealth appointment with your wound care practitioner
– Discussion of the history of your wound
– Review of your general health
– Review of how your wound is currently being treated
– Formulate a wound management plan
You will be contacted by one of the reception staff prior to your appointment to arrange payment of your consultation.
– Initial Appointment: $150 (Medicare Rebate $51.34, Gap $98.66)
– Review appointments: $85 (Medicare Rebate $34.85, Gap $50.51)
The following patients are ineligible for treatment:
– Life threatening and / or severe traumatic injury
– Acutely unwell and / or medically unstable
– Abnormal test results that require urgent medical intervention
– Treatment required outside scope of practice
– Partial / full thickness burns in adults >10% of total body surface area and <5% TBSA for children
– Partial / full thickness burns involving face or neck, hands, feet, perineum, genitalia or major joints, circumferential burns and pregnancy with cutaneous burns
– Burns caused by chemical, electricity (including lightning), associated with inhalation injury and suspected non-accidental injury
– Burns with concomitant trauma or pre-existing unstable health condition
– Significant deterioration in wound with sepsis or infarction and / or deterioration in general health since last review
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on patient eligibility and appointments.